Sunday 24 January 2010

Final Major Project (What Is Autism)




For my Final Major Project I decided to explore the characteristics of the Autistic Spectrum. Being on the spectrum myself I saw it as a good opportunity to understand how my mind works and educate people who also didn't know how autistic people see the world.

In terms of a graphic design style I was encouraged to experiment and take risks. I feel that I have with a combination of unique photography and type manipulation in an attempt to put a viewer in the shoes of someone on the autistic spectrum.

As well as the photography and the type I also used a variety of techniques for the format of the book. These include Embossing, Laser Cutting and Sew Binding, these techniques gave my book a more sensual feel to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment